Sunday, January 25, 2009

Worth the hype? Welch's AquaJuice

I was shopping for groceries a few weeks ago, when I stopped in the juice aisle to get something for my daughter to drink. This little girl can guzzle liquid like nobody's business, so I try not to give her drinks that are loaded with sugar (she's not big on water, unfortunately).

Then these caught my eye:

"AquaJuice?" I thought to myself. "Have my prayers been answered?"

I read the label and saw all the facts: No high fructose corn syrup. Less sugar than other brands. No added sugar. One full serving of fruit.

I was sold. I bought all three flavors. Strawberry Kiwi, Fruit Punch and Apple.

Worth the hype? In a word, no.

The drinks are basically just a 50/50 mix of water and juice, something you can easily achieve by doing it yourself. Save the money (one of those jugs alone is about $3.50) and get a $4 gallon of juice and dilute it yourself.

Have you tried AquaJuice? Did you like it? Did your kids? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment